The 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) were adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in September 2015 to address key development challenges facing today’s global economy including climate change, economic inequality, innovations, sustainable consumption, peace, and prosperity. All these goals are very much interrelated and require high commitment and collective effort of all countries, developed and developing alike. However, when it comes to implementation of these universal goals various countries face different social, economic and political challenges depending on their different capabilities, resources and national circumstances.
The 15th ASECU International Scientific Conference aims to act as a platform for exchange of cutting-edge research among academics, policy makers, and practitioners from industry working in all major areas of sustainable economic development focused on countries from South and Eastern Europe.
The conference covers various tracks and topics that address broad issues relevant for economic development of South Eastern Europe thus facilitating informed policymaking in the region.
- ECONOMIC DIMENSIONS OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
- SOCIAL DIMENSIONS OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
- ECOLOGICAL DIMENSIONS OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
- INSTITUTIONAL DIMENSIONS OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
- Social exclusion, poverty and income inequality
- Climate change, environment, circular economy and sustainable energy
- Structural change, technological development, innovation and industrial policies
- International trade, FDI and labour migration
- New business models and corporate governance towards sustainable development
- Governance, institutions and development
- Access to and quality of education, human capital and skills formation
- Regional sustainability and smart cities
- Gender issues
Authors are invited to submit papers which feature conceptual and empirical findings based on original research, share policy experiences, innovative initiatives and good practices on the indicative topics. Papers that do not entirely fall into the conference tracks but are relevant to the sustainable economic development of South and Eastern Europe will be also accepted.
Submitted papers will be peer-reviewed and those which are approved should be presented at the conference.
Official language of the conference: English.
All the presented papers will be included in Conference Proceedings with an ISSN number.
Selected papers subject to double-blind review process will be published by:
- South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, the official journal of ASECU – (http://www.asecu.gr/Seeje/index.html )
- Economic Alternatives – published by UNWE Publishing Complex (https://www.unwe.bg/eajournal/en )
Abstract submission deadline April 30th 2019
Notification of acceptance May 31st 2019
Full paper submission deadline July 31st 2019
Fee payment deadline August 20th 2019
Participant 100 EUR
Participant from ASECU member institution 80 EUR
Listener / Co-Author 50 EUR
Listener / Co-Author from ASECU member institution 40 EUR
(Doctoral) Student 40 EUR
The registration fee covers: participation in the conference and materials; publication of paper in the conference proceedings; dinner on September 26th; coffee/tea and refreshments and buffet luncheons for both days.
Payments & Invoices
Beneficiary: University of National and World Economy
Account (IBAN): BG03 BNBG 9661 3100 1746 01
Payment details: "Name, Surname, ASECU 2019"
Inquiry for the invoice: firstname.lastname@example.org or during the registration process.
Abstract and paper submission details: https://www.unwe.bg/asecu2019
Suggested accommodation facilities
Vitosha Park Hotel – www.vitoshaparkhotel.com
Suite Hotel Sofia – www.suitehotelsofia.bg
Hotel Vega Sofia – www.hotelvegasofia.bg