SPECIALTY: SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT TAUGHT IN ENGLISH / Специалност „Управление на веригата на доставките“ с преподаване на английски език Програмата е сертифицирана от Европейската асоциация по логистика
The Supply Chain Management master programme is designed for anyone who has graduated a bachelor’s degree in the academic area of Economics in UNWE or in other universities.
The master programme is developed in accordance with the state requirements for the Master Degree of Education and Qualification.
The specification of the master programme “Supply Chain Management” contains the goals, the type of knowledge and skills developed by students, the form and duration of the education, the forms of the admission and graduation, the programme’s contents and the spheres of professional realization of the graduates.
The programme’s main goal: To respond to the increasing requirements of the contemporary economy for specialists and managers in the area of supply chain management, delivering contemporary knowledge and developing necessary skills for the integration and management of the supply chain activities associated with material flows and the flows related to them which start from the raw material sources, pass through all processing stages and end in product delivery to end customers.
Basic areas of knowledge and skills:
- analyzing, systemizing, diagnosing and forecasting supply chain functioning;
- applying the methods, tools and systems for supply chain processes integration and management;
- formulating a supply chain strategy addressing the inter-firm integration;
- determining the supply chain structure and key processes to be integrated between enterprises;
- taking decisions concerning the transportation and information links between supply chain members;
- managing the production and distribution activities in global supply chains;
- understanding the specific characteristics of operations management in retail supply chains;
- handling with competence the organizations and people management issues;
- applying the contemporary methods and techniques for product quality control and project management;
- conforming management decisions to the requirements for achieving supply chain sustainability.
Form and duration of the education: full-time, 1 year (two semesters).
1.Test for economists at the University of National and World Economy.
2. English language requirements (one of):
- Diploma for graduation of secondary school with enhanced education in English;
- State Exam in English for university graduates;
- Certificate at B1 or upper level (corresponding to minimum 360 hours), issued by a language center in accordance with the principles of CEFR /Common European Framework of Reference or Languages;
- Overall TOEFL 60;
- Overall IELTS 6.
Form of graduation: Master theses defense.
Contents of the master programme:
The acquisition of contemporary theoretical and practical knowledge and the development of relevant skills for taking proper management decisions in the area of supply chain management are achieved through studying the following special compulsory courses:
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Supply Chain Operations
- Retail and Supply Chain Management
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Information Systems for Supply Chain Management
- Transportation Management
Students can specialize their knowledge of supply chain management in different areas studying additionally 2 of totally 4 optional courses and one facultative course (Managing Organizations and People, Managing Supply Chain Projects, Principles of Applied Management, Sustainable Supply Chain Management, Quality Management Techniques).
Competences (spheres of realization):
The job of the supply chain management specialist is one of the highest paying ones. Graduates from this programme find professional realization in all economic spheres taking the positions of managers in the higher organizational levels where the integration of supply chain processes is implemented. The professional realization usually starts in the area of purchasing, manufacturing/operations or distribution and gradually reaches the position of a vice-president in a production firm or of an executive manager in a distribution firm or logistics company providing supply chain management services. Masters are prepared to carry out not only management functions but also to work as researchers, business consultants and experts in the area of supply chain management. Possible career paths can be followed in the spheres of science and education as well as in the public sector.